Mild Winter Temperatures----More Bugs
If you are like most of us, you have been enjoying the warmer than normal temperatures. While we have been spending less on heating bills, there is an unwanted side effect to the unseasonable weather --- more bugs.
With no extended cold snaps or hard freezes, the local pest population has not experienced the natural reduction that usually occurs. Additionally, many may come out of hibernation early to seek food and begin their reproduction process, leading to an overall increase in the number of pests this spring and summer.
What can you do to protect your family and home from a pest invasion?
- Eliminate all sources of moisture and standing water around your home.
- Seal all cracks, holes and other small opening around the foundation, including areas where utilities and pipes enter the home.
- Keep indoor and outdoor trash receptacles clean and sealed.
- Screen all windows and doors.
- Keep tree branches and shrubs trimmed back and away from the house.
- Keep mulch at least 15 inches away from the home’s foundation.
While you’re heating bills may not be as high as previous winters, InCide® Pest Control Insulation provides continuous pest protection. InCide® works directly in walls and attics where bugs and pests infiltrate and live. InCide® combined with routine pest control services, will give you peace of mind that insects are not hiding where you cannot see them.